DIESEL SHOP SUPERVISOR
Location: Baltimore, MD
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS & GREAT BENEFITS (Visa Candidates Will Not Be Considered)
If you have CNG experience and a solid background managing & mentoring employees and the skills below this career opportunity is for you!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full time employees that consist of Diesel Technicians and a Lead Tech.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
- CDL preferred
- Prior experience in a Supervisory capacity managing people
- Prior experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing diesel powered heavy duty trucks
- Prior experience doing preventative maintenance
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Normal setting for this job is in the truck maintenance/repair shop.
Eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
* Security Clearance Not Required – Visa Candidates Will Not Be Considered
National Recruiters, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employee