Job Title: Intermediate Computer Security Systems Specialist
Job Code: #8719988
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia
The Company is seeking candidates to support a recent contract award to provide support to the US Navy. We are looking for Intermediate Computer Security Systems Specialists to implement Information Security (IA) processes in compliance with Department of Defense/ Department of the Navy (DoD/DON) policy. The successful candidate will aid in IA activities required for the effective sustainment of a large family of DoD information systems used by the Navy’s shore based maintenance community.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS, IDENTIFYING BOTH ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL DUTIES:
The positions are located in Norfolk VA.
Under the supervision of a Supervisory Computer Security Systems Specialist, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops, engineers and implements solutions to application security requirements.
- Implement IA protection capabilities in compliance with current DoD/DON information management / information technology (IM/IT) guidance
- Performs risk analysis and risk assessment.
- Assist with IA detection, response, and recovery tasks
- Assist with C&A activities in accordance with DoD/DON policy
- Ensure applications are compliant with DON CIO IA guidance
- Work with application developers to implement security features into software design.
- Assist certification of applications, networks and defense business systems at designated sites
- Develop and maintain security documentation (e.g. SSAA) for government systems
- More than 4 years’ experience as an IA practitioner with strong knowledge of DoD IA requirements and practices.
- Understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Knowledge of security/IA products such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Bachelor of Science (BS/BA) in a relevant field, or an Associate degree (AA) with 2 years of additional experience.
- Security+ or equivalent Information Assurance certification (per DoD 8570.01-M)
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have a DoD Secret security clearance
Or Apply On Line
We are an EEO Employer
Related Jobs (2)
Intermediate Computer Security Systems SpecialistEmail inShare on June 29, 2015
Oracle Programmer, IMPACEmail inShare on May 29, 2015